Established in the Spring of 2019 with a £250 grant from Eardisland Community Shop and £250 from the E Team.
After the closing of the established Children’s allotment a consultation was carried out to see how the project could be continued.
A decision was made to start a Community Garden project, summarised as:
- A plot somewhere centrally within the village to be enjoyed by as many as possible
- Potentially consisting of; vegetable beds, flower beds for cut flowers, herbs, perennials, fruit trees, seating / picnic bench.
- A focal point for organised children’s activities in a similar way to the children's allotment
- Building on what has worked at the children’s allotment
- More accessible for extended families and visitors to drop in and enjoy
- More visible than the current plot, therefore encouraging more use
- Able to be used by any group for activities or meetings
- Open for all to pick flowers, eat produce and do a bit of pottering
- Encouraging social outdoor activity for all ages
The new plot is situated behind the bowling club on the recreation ground.
Time: No set times, but children's session are run at weekends and after school. Check diary for details.
Venue: Recreation Ground