Dovecote

The Dovecote is one of Eardisland's most distinctive historical buildings. Its origins are probably late 17th or early 18th century, although the earliest reference to a dovecote in the village is 1469. The present building, renovated and restored in 2000, was formerly part of the Manor House estate. It now functions as an information and exhibition centre for the village on the upper floor, and since 2009 has contained the Community Shop on the ground floor..

 

Dovecote

The Dovecote

Copyright © 2016 www.eardisland.org.uk

The content of this site is the copyright of www.eardisland.org.uk and Eardisland Parish Council.
Content may not be copied or used for commercial purposes.

News alerts sign-up

Alerts to receive
Please wait
Back to top